Thursday, November 29, 2007

How Far I've Come

I'm feeling much calmer now. It's funny how a good friend can put things in perspective. Last night one of my best girlfriends emailed me a gratitude list that she created for me. Not only was it very nice to read, but it was even more special because this friend has had a rough year (to say the least!), and even though her own gratitude list is much shorter than mine, she took the time to make me feel better. Friends like that make all of my frustrations seem insignificant.


So...I've decided that my life is pretty good and I really don't have too much to complain about. However, I'm going to make my life even better! Yes, I want more!

I feel that I've made quite a bit of progress this year. I wanted to learn Italian, lose 32 pounds, and find a new job, enabling me to spend more time in Italy. I'm almost finished with my first semester of Italian, I've lost about 10-12 pounds (depending on the day!), and I've identified what type of job/career I do and don't want. I just need to stay focused and continue making progress. Unfortunately, patience is not something I've ever been very good at, so I need to make sure to take a step back periodically and see how far I've come.

Another bright note: I managed to finally get some decent concert tickets - 4th row center. That's more like it! I'm taking my above-mentioned friend to the concert with me. Now all I need to do is sell the other FOUR tickets that I bought while trying to get decent seats! And I might have found good tickets to the show in Vegas (I wasn't able to get any decent tickets for that show).


The concert isn't until March, so tonight I've been busy watching matchbox videos on You Tube. It's been a couple years since I've seen them live, and I'd forgotten how their music speaks to my soul.

4 comments:

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Glad to hear you are feeling and doing better!!

Roam2Rome said...

Congrats on your Italian! Glad you're doing better.

...and I love that song :)

Anonymous said...

l have to quickly share this with you. As l was making my way to the comments area this same song started (l had the radio on in the background):)
Well l am glad you are feeling better and what a wonderful friend you have. It is a good feeling when you are on track with your goals and an even better feeling when you get there... thats the reward!!! You are doing great.

Kathy said...

Thank you to NYC, Farfallina, and Cleo! How funny that the same song came on the radio when you were reading this...I love those little coincidences!